Monday, June 25, 2012

Summer Edition #2

I haven't posted in a while because I'm boring. It has taken me this long to compile enough interesting things to make it worth writing a post. Mostly I just study or lay around with the dog pretending to study and being whiney. However, I have done a couple of things which are arguably interesting, so drum roll please...

1. FIVE brunch. Seriously, if you haven't gone yet, go. It starts at 10:30. Jazz band and libations start at 12. $2 mimosas, people. Actually we've gone twice, and I've gotten the burrito both times. A.maz.ing. Terry has gotten the breakfast cheeseburger and the shrimp and grits. Most were delish.

I stole this pic off Five's fb page. Not sure who gets the photo credit.
2. Brunch leads to...
Photo from http://whiterabbittruck.com/cafe/2011/02/sunday-fun-day/
Granted, we only did this once, and it was before bar prep began in earnest. Mimosas led to beer pong at Terry's, which led to crying, bonding sessions, and a dramatic conclusion in which Terry and I broke a window against my hand, which bled profusely, as did Matt Woods' foot when he stepped in the glass. 

3. Moe's bushwackers. They're not Pirates Cove or Flora Bama, but I'll take what I can get. Moe's has a pretty good happy hour. 

Photo from Moe's Original BBQ-Tuscaloosa facebook page
4. Jim 'N Nicks finally opened in Tuscaloosa!!!! I always get the BBQ nachos, which are technically an appetizer, but are enough food for at least two people to have as their meal. Om nom nom.

I'm sure y'all have picked up on my facebook picture pilfering by now. 
5. The Bachelorette= my Monday night guilty pleasure. She is an idiot. These guys are ridiculous, but I really enjoy watching, mostly to mock them. I do have to admit I have something of a crush on Sean, the blonde guy from Dallas. Hmm, maybe I have a type...

Photo from thebachelor2012.com

6. Walking the dog. I always imagine that Arlo pup and I will look like the picture below as we go on our walks and runs. However, we usually look like a hot mess, with my hair flying out of the ponytail and him dragging me across the Quad/neighborhood/into the street. 

ifalldayswereholidays.com

7. June is a big birthday month in our family. My mom, sister, grandmother, and brother all celebrate their birthdays during June, as well as my aunt and several cousins. Mallory came to Tuscaloosa for her birthday. We got a late start to dinner, and wound up eating at Mellow Mushroom, and then went to Innisfree.

Mallory and our friend Taylor Smith at Mellow Mushroom.
8. Terry and I went to Birmingham to the wedding of my beautiful friend Madeline Quinn to her fiance Ryan Crandall. The wedding was in a pretty Catholic Church in Hoover, and the reception was downtown at the Summit Club. They had an awesome band, and it was a really fun evening.

Friend Traci Traughber (also a bridesmaid) and me at the reception.
9. Terry, Arlo, and I also made the trek down to Thomasville for Father's Day. We had fish, oysters, and salad with fresh garden veggies for lunch. My grandparents, aunt, and cousins came over for homemade ice cream and chocolate cake mid-afternoon, and we watched the U.S. Open.

Old picture, but I LOVE it ha. My Daddy and his twin brother, who is my second daddy.
10. HBO's Girls. I'm OBSESSED and totally brokenhearted that the first season is already over. I'm afraid I'm a bit of a Shoshanna. "You're so hip I could puke." 

Photo from http://ceasefiremagazine.co.uk

11. I'm trying to figure out how productive I can be while studying at the pool. One day last week I just cracked and needed some sunshine, so I trekked out to my friend Frances Ann's pool. My poor skin just needs some sunshine. 


12. It wouldn't be summer without fresh produce! I haven't gotten much from our home garden except some blueberries, but Eric and Heather Miller were sweet enough to bring Terry and me some tomatoes and garlic from the farmers market in town. 





No comments:

Post a Comment